Hola Murphy Inc. and its controlled affiliates, subsidiaries and branches (collectively, “HD”) are committed to protecting your privacy and provide this Notice to California residents (“you”) in order to explain the categories of Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose, and additional rights that may apply to you.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
Collection of Personal Information
HD may collect the following types of personal information from you:
|Identifiers||Name, contact information, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, among others.|
|Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law||Name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, health insurance information, or benefits information.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information.|
|Commercial information||Transaction information and purchase history, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.|
|Biometric information||Fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.|
|Internet or other similar activities||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with our website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movement about a particular individual or device.|
|Audio, electronic, visual and similar information||Call and video recordings.|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, trends, and attitudes.|
Obtaining Personal Information
• Directly from you For example, when you fill out a form or post on our website, engage with us on social media or at events, or when contact us.
• From our clients or other third parties For example, when your employer, insurance brokers or agents or credit organizations provide information about you.
Use of information
• We use or sell your information to provide you a service, for example, to provide you a quote or create an account in our website.
• To administer your policy, for example, to bill you, communicate with you or administer a claim.
• To provide you newsletters or offer you new products.
• To invite you to our events.
• To manage your accounts with us.
• To process your transactions and payments.
• To provide you customer service.
• To personalize our website and give you and experience relevant to your needs and interests.
• To keep our website, products and services up to date, secure and accurate.
• To perform identity verification.
• For research, product development and benchmarking.
• To respond to law enforcement requests, when applicable, and to comply with our internal policies and procedures.
• To protect our business operations, secure our network and information technology, assets and services.
• To prevent and detect fraud, unauthorized activities, unauthorized access and other misconduct.
• To operate, manage, and maintain our business, perform accounting and audits.
• To maintain records.
Disclosure of personal Information
• Within HD. We may share your Personal Information with our controlled affiliates, subsidiaries and branches to serve you, as listed above.
• With Third Parties. We may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties, who provide certain services to us, or who cooperate with us on projects; we may also share your personal information by selling it to third parties, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales. Our personal information sales do not include information about individuals we know are under age 16. Please note that these third parties operate as separate businesses, and are responsible for their own compliance with data protection laws. You should refer to their privacy notices for more information about their practices.
To review the categories of personal information we may sell, please go to the “sales of personal information” section. For more on your personal information sale rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
• With the Government or Public Authorities. We may share your Personal Information upon their request or when we choose to cooperate with such authorities pursuant to a legal matter or matter of safety.
• With other users of social media when you choose to disclose information based on your actions (for example, by posting user content) or your privacy choices.
• With your benefit plan’s plan sponsor or plan administrator to permit them to determine eligibility, qualification or confirmation of a promised incentive or reward to you.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, HD has sold the following categories of personal information:
We sell your personal information to the following third parties:
Third parties are prohibited from reselling personal information unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales. To opt-out of those sales, please visit that business’s opt-out notice.
Rights under CCPA
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to the following rights:
1. Receive an Initial Notice: to be notified at or before the point of collection of the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which such categories are used.
2. Submit a Verifiable Request to Know: customers may request that we disclose the following information gathered about them in previous 12 months:
a. Categories of personal information we collected about you and the sources we used for such collection.
b. The specific Personal Information we collected about you.
c. The business or commercial purpose for collecting such Information.
d. The categories of Personal Information about you that we shared or disclosed.
e. The parties with who we shared your Personal Information
Once we receive and verify your request, HD is committed to deliver this information, free of charge, either by mail or electronically in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, useable format.
California residents may exercise their right to Requests to Know up to twice every 12 months.
3. Submit a Verifiable Request to Delete Personal Information: you have the right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected about you (subject to certain exceptions established by law). Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
4. Exercise Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights: You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out” of sales). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 15 years old, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years old.
Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by submitting your request as explained below.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
5. Not Being Subject to Discrimination: you are protected against discrimination based on the exercise of your CCPA rights. Once you exercise your rights, we will not:
• Deny you services.
• Charge you different prices or rates, or impose penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of services.
Submitting a Request to Know or to Delete Personal Information or to Opt-Out/Opt-In from Personal Information Sales
To make the requests described above, please:
Email us: [email protected]
Call us: +8625005545
Keep in mind that once we receive your request, we will contact you to request information that allows us to verify your identity and properly understand and evaluate your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Changes to this CCPA Notice
We may change or update this CCPA Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
Right to Request Accessible Alternative Format
This notice has been designed to be accessible to people with disabilities. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on this notice, please email our team at [email protected] with “Disabled Access” in the subject line or call us +8625005545.
Last Updated April 12, 2022.